All orders are only accepted on the basis that upon delivery, the goods will be carefully examined to ensure that they comply with requirements. Every effort is made to ensure that quality is up to standard and the goods are dispatched, to be received by you, in good condition. However errors can be made and it is, therefore, essential that the cloth is not cut or processed in any way until you are completely satisfied that it is correct in all aspects. Flame retardant cloth should be checked to ensure the integrity of flame retardancy. A Sample should be taken and tested with a match, lighter or taper. The cloth should extinguish immediately after the flame source is removed.
All goods are insured against loss or damage in transit. Any goods found to be damaged must be signed for as damaged. If you are unable to fully examine immediately on receipt an ‘unexamined’ signature should be given as we cannot entertain any claims for damage where a clear signature is not given. Notification of damage must be made to us in writing within 3 days of receipt of goods, and cases of non-deliveries must be notified within 10 days. Please note that we are unable to accept any claims or return on any goods that have been cut or processed after leaving our premises.
Goods to be returned must have prior authorisation from our management, and when returned, they must be accompanied by copies of the original purchase details, i.e. invoice or delivery note.
Both cleaning and changes in relative humidity can affect cloth stability. Both these actions are beyond our control and we therefore recommend generous seams and a 5% allowance to hems in case alterations are required. However, any alterations will remain the responsibility of the customer.
Instructions should be carefully followed to minimise damage, shrinkage or colour loss. It must be borne in mind that when laundering or cleaning, some shrinkage will occur. This will even apply to fabrics that have been commercially ‘pre-shrunk’. Most of ours have not. Shrinkage can be activated by immersion in fluid or the application of excess heat, depending upon the type of fibre.
a) Haddow, Aird & Crerar Ltd, shall be under no liability whatsoever to the purchaser of any goods for any indirect loss and/or expense (including loss of profit) suffered by the buyer resulting from a breach of contract (of any nature) or common law duty of care by Haddow, Aird & Crerar Ltd.
b) Under no circumstances shall the liability of Haddow, Aird & Crerar Ltd to the purchaser of goods for breach of contract (of any nature) or common law duty of care exceed the purchase price of the particular goods to which the breach relates.
The goods remain the property of Haddow, Aird & Crerar Ltd. until the invoice is paid in full.
All payment terms pre agreed and quoted on each invoice.
1. All quotations without engagement.
2. No guarantee is given that the goods are fit for the buyer’s purpose, and the buyer must satisfy themselves of their fitness for any purpose for which they are intended to be used.
3. The performance of any order or contract is subject to variation or cancellation by us in the event of War, Strikes, Government regulations or orders, National and International Emergencies, Lockouts, Fire, Flood, Drought, Tempest or any other cause whatsoever beyond our control, or owing to any inability by us to procure materials or articles required for the performance of the order or contract and we shall not be held responsible for any inability to deliver caused by any such contingency.
4. WARNING: ALL NON-DURABLY FLAME RETARDANT MATERIALS (NDFR) ARE CHEMICALLY TREATED WITH A WATER SOLUBLE SOLUTION AND IF WETTED IN ANY WAY IT IS ESSENTIAL TO RE-TREAT THE FABRIC TO MEET FLAMMABILITY REQUIREMENTS. THIS MAY ALSO APPLY AFTER CLEANING. ALL TYPES OF FLAME RETARDANT MATERIALS (NDFR, DFR, IFR) MUST BE KEPT CLEAN AND FREE FROM DUST AS THIS MAY PROVIDE A FIRE SOURCE.
5. The Laws of Scotland shall govern the validity construction and performance of any contract entered into by us, and time shall not be the essence of the contract.
Your Name, Address, Telephone Number and Account details are held on our computerised records for the purpose of accounts processing and distribution of advertising literature. If you have any objection please advise us in writing.